FMLA Changes Mandate Paid Sick Time, Reimburse Employers
COVID-19-related changes to the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) will go into effect on April 2, 2020. These changes affect organizations that employ fewer than 500, and thus apply to most northeast Wisconsin nonprofits.
J. J. Keller and Associates has made available the guidance it is providing to its customers.
This guidance includes:
- A two-page summary of FMLA changes
- A 70-min. downloadable COVID-19 webinar for employers, HR professionals and safety professionals
- OSHA Safety — Minute 3 to Minute 23
- CDC Safety Recommendations — Minute 23 to Minute 32
- Employee Rights (FMLA, FLSA, ADA, etc.) — Minute 32 to Minute 46
- Business Continuity — Minute 46 to Minute 50
- Q&A from Participants — Minute 50 to Minute 70
Do you have questions about what FMLA changes mean in your context? Contact InterSector project director Lisa Strandberg. She will aim to put you in touch with a J. J. Keller & Associates expert who can help.