Need expertise to navigate the Families First Coronavirus Response Act?
InterSector and the Nonprofit Leadership Initiative (NPLI), in partnership with Lake Effect HR & Law, will provide limited reduced-cost employment law/HR consulting to nonprofits in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Nonprofits based in the Fox Cities, greater Green Bay and greater Oshkosh are eligible.
Each participating nonprofit may receive up to 1 hr. of reduced-cost consultation. (Additional hours are available at Lake Effect’s regular nonprofit rates.)
Apply for and access services
- Complete this simple six-question form, which includes your employment law question/need.
- Depending on the nature of your question, you will pay $7.50-$12.50 per 6-min. increment for up to 1 hr. of service.
- InterSector/NPLI will match your investment.
- Await word from InterSector/NPLI.
- If your request qualifies, you will receive info on how to contact Lake Effect.
- If not, you will receive resources to answer your question.
- Contact Lake Effect as instructed.
- Inform InterSector/NPLI when your engagement is complete.
These focused services are meant to support compliance with FFCRA and related employment law changes. They are intended for nonprofits that are not already engaged with or supported by an attorney specialized in employment law.
Questions? Contact InterSector project director Lisa Strandberg.
Before you apply, please review:
- This FFCRA guidance curated by InterSector following an interactive Q&A with some 60 northeast Wisconsin nonprofit leaders and J. J. Keller & Associates.
- Additional FFCRA guidance here and here prepared by Lake Effect HR & Law.
You might also consider this information about FFCRA exemption for certain nonprofits who employ fewer than 50 employees.
|This service is offered in partnership with the Nonprofit Leadership Initiative. NPLI provides Fox Valley nonprofits with opportunities for leadership development and learning to better achieve their missions.|